Get ready, folks! Reliance finally launched the much anticipated “JioPhone Next” smartphone in India. The Diwali release of this budget 4G smartphone is much welcomed by millions of Indian consumers, who have registered their interest to purchase mobile via Jio’s official website.
Marketed as the most affordable smartphone made specifically for India in collaboration with Google, It is priced at 6499 upfront (without any financing). A more affordable financing option cuts the upfront cost to only 1999 (with EMIs payable over up to 24 months).
This article covers the JioPhone Next’s registration, availability in retail markets and on e-commerce websites, smartphone specification and features including recharge plans.
JioPhone Next offers the best-in-class smartphone experience to consumers in need of an affordable 4G mobile or those looking for a durable secondary phone. It is a first-of-its-kind smartphone running on an optimised version of Android called Pragati OS.
Steps To Book JioPhone Next Smartphone After Checking Availability?
- After its launch on Diwali, JioPhone Next smartphones were open for registrations of interest on the official JIO website. Interested smartphone customers can also register their interest to purchase via WhatsApp by typing “Hi” to Whatsapp Number 7018270182.
- After they’ve completed the registration process by filling out their name, mobile number (on which they receive an OTP), location detail, and tapping “Confirm Interest”, the process to book phone will be over from the consumer’s end.
- Jio representatives will then inform the customers about “Jio-Phone Next” availability near any of the Reliance/Jio retail stores in their vicinity. After they receive the confirmation message, customers can then walk-in to the store location to purchase the amazing smartphone.
JioPhone Next Price and EMI Financing Plans (2023)
Registered JioPhone Next customers can purchase the phone upfront without any financing for only 6499. The sales representative at Reliance retail stores or Jio Shops near you will also present the following EMI (Easy monthly installment) options to each customer after paying 1999:
|Plans||EMI Cost||Added Benefits|
|Always-on plan||₹ 300/month for 24 Months||5 GB + 100 min/month|
|Always-on plan||₹ 350/month for 18 Months||5 GB + 100 min/month|
|Large Plan||₹ 450/month for 24 Months||1.5 GB/day + Unlimited Voice|
|Large Plan||₹ 500/month for 18 Months||1.5 GB/day + Unlimited Voice|
|XL Plan||₹ 500/month for 24 Months||2 GB/day + Unlimited Voice|
|XL Plan||₹ 550/month for 18 Months||2 GB/day + Unlimited Voice|
|XXL Plan||₹ 550/month for 24 Months||2.5 GB/day + Unlimited Voice|
|XXL Plan||₹ 600/month for 18 Months||2.5 GB/day + Unlimited Voice|
Note: Processing fees of ₹501 extra
Specifications and Features
The JioPhone Next is a dual-SIM (4G on SIM1 and 2G and 4G on SIM2) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. It will work as 4G smartphone if you go with a Jio SIM Card; otherwise, it wouldn’t be a 4G device because its one SIM is PLMN. Locked to Jio, and mobile data connectivity is available only on Jio SIM. Some of the other features of these made-for-India smartphones are:
- Display Specs:
- Display Size – 5.45 inches
- Aspect Ratio: 18:9
- Display Resolution – 720 x 1440 pixels
- Display Refresh rate – 60 Hz
- Cover Glass – Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with anti-fingerprint coating
- Processor Specs:
- CPU – Qualcomm Snapdragon QM215
- CPU Speed – Up to 1.3GHz
- CPU Core – 4 cores
- GPU – Adreno 308 GPU @ 465Mhz
- Camera Specs:
- Rear Camera – 13MP with Auto focus f-1/3” Aperture
- Front Camera – 8MP with Auto focus f-1/4” Aperture
- Scene Modes & other settings – HDR Mode, Night Mode, Portrait Mode, Photo, Video, Translate and Timer settings
- Video Recording – support for 1080p @30fps for both rear and Front camera
Also Read: Jio Service Center Locations in Mumbai
Full Specs Table
|Operating System||Pragati OS |
(Tweaked version of Android 11)
|Battery Capacity||3500 mAh Removable Li – Polymer|
|RAM||2 GB LPDDR3 RAM|
|Built-in Storage||32 GB |
(expandable up to 512 GB)
|Micro SD Card||Yes, Supported|
|4G Bands||LTE FDD B3(1800), B5(850),|
LTE TDD B40(2300)
|3.5 mm Headphone Jack||Yes|
|USB Interface||Micro USB|
|Software Support||Feature drop and security updates|
will be available
|Sensors||Accelerometer, light and proximity sensor|
Yes, JioPhone owners will get automatic system updates in addition to security updates by Google on Pragati OS
Any android app as well as all popular apps like JioTV, JioCinema, YouTube, MX Takatak, Tiki, Moj and some low end games run smoothly on this smartphones.
Yes, you can play BGMI, PUBG and Free fire on JioPhone Next, although at medium to low graphic settings with some lag issues. It has 2 GB of RAM and has a built-in memory of 32 GB which is expandable up to 512 GB, so specs wise it can handle these mobile games.
JioPhone Next has a front selfie camera of 8MP with Auto focus and f-1/4” Aperture. The pictures in good lighting condition comes out better. It also has built-in camera filters.
Currently JioPhone Next is sold via Reliance Retail stores as well as Jio stores and outlet shops. After the initial sale, it is expected that JioPhone Next will be available on E-commerce websites like Flipkart and Amazon by March 2022.
Also Read: Locate Jio Service Centers in Delhi